Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Diving!

In a continued effort to advance my goal of becoming a Navy SEAL, Jason and I have undertaken our diving certification! We started on Monday with a bunch of classroom stuff, then moved to the pool, then back on tuesday for more classroom stuff, then out to the ocean for two dives and now we write our final exam in about 15 minutes, then its back out to the ocean for our final two dives. It took us a lot longer to get going on the whole diving front simply because we became exceedingly lethargic with each subsequent beach day. On sunday we decided to end our laziness by renting sea kayaks with Mike...we made it 1.57km (according to my GPS) before finding a pristine beach, at which point we collapsed and spent the rest of the day there. My birthday went off without a hitch! It was a smashing success by all accounts...or a smashed success, I can't remember much of it. After a wee bit too much partying we decided to take it easy sunday night, but unfortunately the town had other ideas. With the election results being finalized, the entire population of this little island, congregated outside our cabana and celebrated with every noise producing machine they could find. As Jason and I discussed, it actually sounded like they spent a few hours setting up stereos and jugglers and flame blowers outside our walls, then right at midnight they exploded into sound in one swift motion. Probably one of the most disorienting experiences either of us have encountered. Enough of that though! In other news, Ryan appeared out of virtually nowhere on Monday! I guess he had had enough of our "get your ass to the bay islands" emails that we were bombarding him with, so he decided to give it a go. Well its almost time for my exam so I better wrap this up! Jason and I will most likely go right on to our advanced diving certification right after we're done this one, so that will take us to the weekend...at which point we'll do some fun dives, then see where the current takes us from there! Adios!

The one time I have a computer capable of uploading pictures and a camera to actually upload them with...I have no time! 2 outta 3 aint bad, but it still means no pictures...sorry!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home