Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Home and Away

Seconds after landing, emergency french toast crews were by my side.


I know ALL of these people

For those who haven't seen me during my short stint back home, my latest destination has been, just that, home. My old man finally decided to re-tie the knot, and after digging into his money bin, came up with a ticket home for me for a fortnight. Most other people I talked to thought this was a rare opportunity to quickly glimpse homelife after a year away from it, and I must admit, it was quite cool.

I touched down in Vancouver in typical west coast weather, on the morning of the 19th. After quickly satisfying my french toast cravings, I then went about one of the most hectic 12 days of my life, making whistlestop appearances at many an old hangout and shindigs. Highlights include, the actual wedding, a solid drinking night at the apartment, a key committee commissioners meeting, another mini goodbye party/canucks game and of course the many gigantic, fantastic meals people served me in an effort to "fatten" me up, most of the events I have somewhat hazy memories of, aside from the meals, those I remember quite clearly and lovingly.

Although I leave again today with a massive dental bill, knowledge of several little parasitic critters bouncing around my body and a plethora of other ailments, I still think I came out on top. I have confirmed that I'm not just writing to myself here and that people do actually read these ramblings. Aside from a few unfamiliar inventions that seem to be sweeping the nation (youtube, Borat, Hey-luke, etc), home, thankfully hasn't changed much and I'm looking forward to eventually returning for good. But not for a while. I now leave, dragging two virgin travellers with me, into the Thai sunshine and a whole new level of debauchery as B$G Thailand finally begins after 5 solid years of planning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home